Data Governance Architect
Konfío is a digital platform that empowers small businesses through straightforward, flexible access to working capital. To date, more than 300 thousand people have trusted us with their funding needs.
By leveraging technology and big data analytics, Konfío complements traditional financial analysis and streamlines the loan application process, providing convenience and affordability to customers who are creditworthy but historically underserved by traditional banking.
As a Data Governance Architect you will define and manage enterprise data governance, working closely with all our business areas and IT areas to improve and guarantee governance, data integrity, data life-cycle management and protection.
You will implement and keep the continuous improvement of the enterprise data governance framework, leading data initiatives upon standards and best practices to increase consistency, quality and security.
- Governance Framework Creation and Development: Develop and implement an enterprise data governance framework based on a long-term vision, and implement and manage an enterprise data governance program. Create and manage a central process to capture, prioritize and manage data governance efforts across all departments within the organization, supporting data integrity and security.
- Data Analytics: Partner closely with the enterprise analytics team to ensure quality data supports robust data analytics infrastructure and predictive modeling capabilities available and accessible to support strategic/operational planning and policy determinations while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations and statutes.
- Process Improvement: Develop and maintain data quality metrics and monitor compliance with data-related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements. Monitor data quality through development and testing best practice. As applicable, provide progress reports to major initiative Steering Committees and leadership and maintain the data governance roadmap on an ongoing basis.
- Technology: Work closely with leadership across the enterprise to execute the data governance strategy utilizing technology where possible and building in functionality enhancements to prevent users from tainting clean data.. Employ organizational change management practices to assist with adoption of data governance within the organization.
- Partnership: Serve as a liaison between business, functional areas and information technology to ensure that data-related business requirements and rules for data quality and protection are clearly defined, communicated, understood and implemented.
- Policies and Procedures: Establish policies, standards, practices, and security measures to assure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard data. Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, project plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals. Prepare communications and lead interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Training: Responsible for advancing an understanding of and appreciation for data governance, as well as the associated requirements, across the enterprise.
- Mentorship: Responsible for the mentorship of the entire organization by providing clear, practical and applicable data concepts that facilitate and enforce the successful implementation of our data governance framework.
- BS in mathematics, computing science, engineering, or similar.
- 10 or more years’ experience in data management is required, with a preferred specialization in one or more of the following areas: data architecture, data quality management, master data management, and/or data governance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 or more years of demonstrated leadership experience in data management, metadata management, or master data management solutions and methodologies.
- Self-driving leader.
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy and roadmaps into implementation and realized business value.
- Knowledge of data security regulations.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality, data profiling, data protection management practices and tools.
- Strong skills of change management (culture impact and change), communication, and performance measurement. Demonstrated ability to articulate, persuade and communicate the value of data and data management best practices.
- Knowledge of data architecture and the related technology.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge on Big Data Solutions.
- Knowledge on AWS (Products/Services).
- Knowledge on Tableau or any BI Tool.
- A Data Governance Certification.
- You'll get to work in one of the best areas in the country (Polanco, México) in a newly renovated office with a Silicon Valley setup
- You'll be part of a world-class FinTech team, there are people from more than 7 countries
- MacBook equipment will be provided by the company on your first day, and monitors upon request
- Direct connection with some of the top mentors in the industry from Google, Kaszek, 500 Startups, among many others
- Konfío Welcome Kit
- Other Perks (24/7 snacks, fruit, and caffeine)
- Competitive compensation package, including opportunity to earn equity ownership in Konfío
- Health insurance (SGMM)
- Groceries Allowance (Vales de Despensa)
- You'll be hired directly by Konfío, not a subsidiary, allowing you directly to participate directly in the company growth
- Yearly discretionary bonus